Monday, February 13, 2012

You are all that I need.

During worship at church yesterday we sang a familiar song. The chorus said "Lord, you are all I need." I can't tell you how many times I have sang that song and meant it but yesterday gave me a whole new perspective. Because of the recent tragedy of our miscarriage, singing that song was A LOT harder.
So, I stopped singing and began praying. "Lord, are you ALL I need?" I wondered if I could sing this song if I never had children or all my fears came true. Even though I still have deep wounds, through my tears I praised God. I praised Him for a life He created in me and for His ways being higher than mine. As I sat there, I proclaimed, "Yes Lord, you are enough!"
That didn't make my pain go away but just knowing that my God, who loves me, will be there with me through all the "what ifs" and "if onlys" gave me peace.
So...is the Lord truly ALL you need. When you get to a place where you lose the one thing that means the most, is the time you can truly answer this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment